So do you and the rest of your hens think that you can take the heat? This sure is one to have you hens speechless for a change! Have a Chili Pepper Eating competition.
1. The heat level of a chili is based on a scale named Scoville Heat Units (SU).
2. So you have an idea a jalapeno is rated 2,500 – 8,000 SU.
3. A referee is needed as some hens may conveniently not eat their chilli correctly or at all.
4. Round 1: The Red Fresno (4,000 – 5,500 SU) You hens must make sure to chew the entire chilli and eat all but the cap in order to advance to the next round.
5. Round 2: The Jalapeno (2,500 – 5,000 SU) You hens must make sure to chew the entire chilli and eat all but the cap in order to advance to the next round.
6. Round 3 The Habanero (100,000 – 300,000 SU) You hens must make sure to completely chew and eat the entire chile except the cap in order to finish the contest.
7. If there is not a winner after round 3, the contest will continue with additional Habaneros until the last hen is standing.
8. Hen unable to keep the chilies down will be disqualified.
9. Each hen is permitted only 1 bottle of water for the contest. No other food or drink is allowed.
10. To make it even more competitive make each hen who enters submit £5 with the pot going to the winner!
We all know how we enjoy a nice drink after a hard bit of work. We are also too well aware of how many hens pride themselves on their culinary skills and acute taste buds. Well ever thought of combining the two and even making a competition out of it? We have!
1. This may seem simple to many a hen. We can assure you that it is not!
2. Every single hen in the party needs to participate.
3. A referee is required to ensure that no cheating takes place.
4. Strictly no drinks are allowed, and the hens must have one hand behind their backs at all times.
5. Each participant must be provided with 6 cream crackers. The referee will shout go and all participants will then attempt to eat every single one of their 6 cream crackers in the shortest time possible.
6. The winner will be the hen who is able to finish eating all 6 of her crackers with no crumbs left over, and then able to whistle "Here comes the bride" loudly and cearly.
7. Why not raise the stakes and have everyone stick in a couple of quid to make a prize pot.
8. May the best hen win ... believe us, it's thirsty work!